Certified Therapy of the Hand, Wrist and Elbow
Optimal recovery of hand and upper extremity injury or disease begins with early intervention and care. It is essential to begin treatment the moment your doctor approves therapy. From your very first appointment, the certified hand therapists of Dr. Van Wyk’s is working to take you from where you are today– to where you want to be. As your treatment advances, we will continually evaluate your progress, making adjustments where needed.
Our upper extremity rehabilitation services provide comprehensive rehabilitation for many types of hand and upper-extremity injuries that include cumulative trauma, fractures, joint and ligament injuries and tendon repairs. Our skilled occupational therapists complete a full assessment of each patient and design personal treatment plans to help patients recover from injury.
We stress one-on-one patient care and patient education. We have the skills and training to work with patients immediately following surgery or an injury, often resulting in quicker recovery and return to leisure and vocational pursuits.
Hand and Upper Extremity treatment sessions may include:
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase mobility
- Programs to improve strength, endurance, and function
- Techniques to reduce swelling and ease pain
- Treatment to encourage healing of scarred, burned, or injured tissue
- Custom splinting for appropriate positioning, protection or to improve movement
- Home exercise programs to promote progress made during visit
- Education on strategies designed to prevent re-injury, avoid complications, minimize stiffness, and reduce treatment time
- Ergonomic assessment
- Work conditioning programs
Dr. Van Wyk’s certified therapists are highly skilled in evaluating, treating, and rehabilitating many different conditions such as:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Crush Injuries
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Edema (Swelling)
- Ganglion Cysts
- Impingement syndromes
- Joint replacement
- Ligament injuries
- Preventive services
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Scar remodeling
- sensory re-education
- Sports injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Tendon and nerve repair
- Trigger Finger
Contact Us Today . . .
Whatever the reason you seek treatment, you'll find superb care at the offices of Dr. William Van Wyk. Put yourself on the road to recovery. Call us today at 817-877-3113 for an appointment.